Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

TiVo to V6

I responded to an e mail to order a v6 box as my TiVo would lose some functionality. It required you to order before 20th June. Requested on 8th June for delivery today. Not arrived yet, also no visibility of the original e mail, or any recognition of the upgrade on my account.

I was wondering if it was some kind of scam?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo to V6

Good Morning Douglas52,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and I'm terribly sorry this is now only being responded to

Can you please advise me if you've managed to get the new box delivered to your property?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

David_Bn

Thank you for your reply. No I have not had the V6 box delivered, I have had no communication at all regarding this issue, apart from your reply.

I can’t e-mail Virgin as the notification states e-Mail is not available. What is the best way to resolve this?

Douglas52

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me.

Can you please post a screenshot of the E-Mail you received from our team?

Please ensure that any sensitive content is removed from the image - name, address, account numbers etc...

Can you also please confirm the E-Mail address that got in contact with you too?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

David

Unfortunately the e mails have disappeared from my inbox, I have no proof that I received them. Also the e mail response from me to order the V6 box, and the delivery date confirmation have also disappeared, that is why I thought it may be a scam, but I couldn’t understand what benefit it would be to a scammer. Confused !!!!! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

@Douglas52 

Was https://www.virginmedia.com/offers/V6swap the webpage you filled in?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Yes, that looks familiar 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi, Just registered to the forum so I could respond to this (original pre Virgin TiVo owner and long time lurker)...

I too signed up for a V6 upgrade via this link but didn't receive a confirmation email.

Having spoken with customer services about something else I asked about it and they said they had no record and couldn't help without a reference number I never received.  This only option being to pay £thirtysomething for an upgrade.

Could anyone from VM please assist?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi TVVMUSER,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry to hear you have been unable to order a replacement for your Tivo via a sent link ,so I can help with this, I will send you an invite into a private chat, I will send this shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi  Douglas52,

Thank you for coming back to me with an update, really glad to hear you have received your new V6 box, let us know if you need any further support.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos