cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TiVo to 360 upgrade

mdb42
Joining in

I am doing the upgrade from TiVo to 360. My cable connection includes a wideband attenuator 6db between the end of the cable and the TiVo.

Is this also needed between the cable and the 360?

Should the spanner provided disconnect the attenuator from the TiVo box?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@mdb42 wrote:

I am doing the upgrade from TiVo to 360. My cable connection includes a wideband attenuator 6db between the end of the cable and the TiVo.

Yes. It is there to correct for too much input power. These are normally fitted if you are very close to the street cabinet.

Yes. It is a standard F connector.

Thanks.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi mdb42,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community!

So with the tool provided it should be able to remove the TiVo cable to replace with the 360, is this connection you state connected to the wall socket?

Regards

Kain

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@mdb42 wrote:

Yes. It is there to correct for too much input power. These are normally fitted if you are very close to the street cabinet.

Yes. It is a standard F connector.

Thanks.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

mdb42
Joining in

Thank you for your advice.

The tool provided will not slide over the attenuator so I cannot use it to undo the nut but I will find another way of undoing the nut and will include the attenuator in the new cable connection.

The TiVo did not have an Ethernet connection but I will fit the new cable to the router as per the instructions.

Thank you.

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

You can connect everything up without the attenuator, but if you have a problem due to signal levels being too high then fit the attenuator to the splitter.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection