Menu
Raiza
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TiVo stuck on startup screen

My Tivo box is stuck on the starting up screen, there are clicking noises coming from the box then it reboots again to the startup screen again clicking noises and it just keeps doing this, doesn't go past this point just keeps rebooting and the same process.  I reported this yesterday using the text service but after describing the fault in reply to the "How can I help you" message I have had no reply from anyone.  I am fuming!  Is there no-one at Virgin customer services answering and resolving problems?  I know there is a virus but smaller companies are managing to provide excellent service.  Why can't Virgin?  Feel like moving my custom elsewhere.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo stuck on startup screen

Hi Raiza,

Your best course of action would be to call  150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

With the text messaging option your message goes into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Raiza
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Done the lot.  Sent 3 texts now, the last before 8 this morning.  Zilch. Rang 150 and got sick of listening to crap music for 20 minutes.  No TV now for 2 days. I Virgin customer service stinks.

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Raiza, thank for your getting in touch - sorry for the delay getting back to you.

Apologies also for the problems you've had with your TiVo box, we do appreciate the frustration these things will cause.

I've checked over the account and I have the feeling this may have been resolved since your post? If that's not the case please let me know and we'll investigate further. 

Tom 

0 Kudos
Raiza
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sorted after lots of frustrating time trying to report the fault and get an answer.  Eventually got through on 150 and new replacement box now in situ.  Thanks for your reply anyway.

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Glad to hear it, sorry again for the hassle. If you encounter any more issues please don't hesitate to give us another shout here. 

Tom 

0 Kudos