Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TiVo sound and recording replay

I have two problems with my TiVo box.

1) If the TV has been on for more than 3 hours I will lose sound from all but my HD channels and the only way to rectify the problem is to turn off the TiVo box and turn it on again. No amount of changing audio settings or new batteries have solved this issue.

2) Replaying anything from my TiVo library involves regular and constant breakup of play, stuttering and then finally stopping. If I'm lucky I can fast forward for a few seconds and get past the issue, sometimes it happens so much I just give up.

Frankly, I'm paying Virgin a significant monthly amount and I expect significantly better service for my money. The TiVo box is more than two years old.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TiVo sound and recording replay

You mention playback of programs, but is this recorded shows or VOD (On Demand) programs?

Without getting into too much detail, if you're using a TiVo box - which could well have a fault with it by the sounds - I'm going to guess you've got an old package to boot. Do you have VM broadband at all? Assuming you do...

1: You could well have a fault with your box. Calling TV Faults to get your second point (especially) looked at, is a good start.

2: If you have VM broadband, am out-of-contract and willing to re-commit for 12/18months, you could do worse than try to negotiate a new package/bundle, with a box-swap to the newer V6 into the bargain.

We can certainly help you diagnose the "second" fault you mention, but I suspect you have a fault somewhere.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

For the replay I mean recordings I have made, although On Demand can also stutter and stop during play.

The entire package of broadband and TiVo V6 box was installed in May 2018, but whether this is considered old I don't know.

I would try calling TV Faults but I've been unable to find a number. I did try the online live chat but I was losing the will to live waiting for someone to respond and when they finally did respond I kept getting the same opening message.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Wise owl
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi libby06,

You can  call  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 (Faultsbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

When calling Faults you will go through a series of questions/tests, if that doesn't resolve the problem then call back around 10 minutes later and an agent should pick the phone up.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you're on the same package from May 2018, you've been out-of-contract since almost 18months.

There's certainly an evens chance you could get a better deal than what you're on.

As I mentioned - you've a clear service fault which merits a call to VM on its own. Whether you want to lump that in with re-negotiating your package and getting a newer box, that's a decision only you can make.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks