Menu
Highlighted
Elephant10
Joining in
Message 21 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo signal seems to turn off my tv when the programme I’m watching finishes, + why won’t vir...

That is what the last technician said but didn’t offer a scart lead, is this possible?

also to get my remote re pined?

please let me know when I might get the lead, thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 22 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo signal seems to turn off my tv when the programme I’m watching finishes, + why won’t vir...

Hi Elephant10,

Hope you had an awesome weekend!

We would be able to order you a new HDMI cable but you can also buy these from any local hardware store and are relatively cheap to pick up. If you would like to order a new HDMI cable with us, we can take this to PM but this can take 3-5 working days arrive to you via post.

Can you please also advise me regarding the remote issue? I'm a little unsure by your post, do you need assistance on having this repaired to the TV or is the remote faulty and needs a potential replacement sent out?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Elephant10
Joining in
Message 23 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for this.

i don’t need a new hdmi cable in itself, thanks, I need a cable that had hdmi one end for the V6 box end and scart on the other end to go into the tv.  The engineer thinks, not sure of course, that the problem is with the tv hdmi? It is intermittent fault so I want to try using my scart port to see if this makes a difference?

please will you send me this cable or get it to me via an engineer so he/ she can also reprogrammed my remote. I’ve tried but it doesn’t work and the engineer promised to do it on the las visit but forgot.

Hope this is clearer?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 24 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me. I wouldn't be able to send a cable with a HDMI plug at one end and a Scart at the both, you should be able to pick an adapter like this up from a hardware store or from an online retailer.

What problems do you have when reprogramming the remote control? We wouldn't send an engineer out solely for this purpose.

For further assistance, feel free to use this handy guide

Kindest regards,

David_Bn 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Elephant10
Joining in
Message 25 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Think what you are saying is good but I don’t fully understand.

As I say I need hdmi one end and scart the other that is all I know.

as for the remote I’ll try again but last time it didn’t work?

look forward to hearing from you as yo what is to happen?

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 26 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Hi Elephant10,

Thank you for coming back to us, in regards to the HDMI to Scart cable that you are looking for isn't something we provide however there are many 3rd party suppliers where you will be able to purchase on.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
LittleMick73
Wise owl
Message 27 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Hi unfortunately what you are trying to do, connect scart which is now an outdated way of connecting will produce a vastly inferior picture, I'm afraid to say as I don't want to spend anybody's hard got money, but it sounds like your TV has had it's best days, a more up to date one will cure the problem.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Elephant10
Joining in
Message 28 of 30
Flag for a moderator

I hear what you are saying but the engineer said the picture is great!

are you saying you won’t send me a cable I asked for? When I watch dvds via scart they are a good picture so what are you going to do?

i can’t just throw away a perfectly good tv just because your box doesn’t like it?

Comments please.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
cje85
Problem sorter
Message 29 of 30
Flag for a moderator

SCART is an old, obsolete way of connecting a device to the TV. It is analogue and doesn't support HD either so you'll be limited to an SD only, analogue quality picture. If you're happy with that you could simply buy your own HDMI to SCART lead (if such a thing exists?).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Elephant10
Joining in
Message 30 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Thanks ok. 
I will look myself.

i still not sure I agree with the engineer but who am I ??

0 Kudos