Menu
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 11 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo signal seems to turn off my tv when the programme I’m watching finishes, + why won’t vir...

Hi Elephant10

Thanks for the reply 

Can you please let us know how the visit goes 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Elephant10
Joining in
Message 12 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo signal seems to turn off my tv when the programme I’m watching finishes, + why won’t vir...

Hello.

a technician came and tried his best, he didn’t really know what the problem might be.

He says it could be the signal as it arrives In the TV but how to do anything he didn’t know. It seems it’s the signal coming into the set that turns it off?? Just as I thought at the beginning?

he will come back on Friday or Saturday to see if it has turned off another set I have borrowed?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Elephant10
Joining in
Message 13 of 30
Flag for a moderator

There is now no picture, or ,anything on the new tv.

i have had enough!

sort it please or I leave Virgin....

India doesn’t seem to know which way is up!

I have now been told I can’t have another technician until tomorrow,

NOT ACCEPTABLE!

At lest when I has my tv I could watch it!

Please reply by return

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 14 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear of the complications with the repair of your fault.

I can see you were informed he would return on Friday or Saturday to take a further look into this for you.

Could you please let us know how this goes as we can escalate this to the area field manager for him to come and investigate for you if this still requires work.

Let us know, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Elephant10
Joining in
Message 15 of 30
Flag for a moderator

I have managed to put my tv back connected to the v6 so have at least go something to watch.

I an ot at all sure when the technician Matt is coming or if someone else is coming too?

who do I listen to as everyone one says something different???

NoT acceptable?

comments please?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 16 of 30
Flag for a moderator

If the engineer has confirmed with you that he'd be attending the property again following the previous visit this wouldn't be planned through our systems but their separate system. 

If you have any trouble on the day please do let us know and we'll raise another appointment through a private message and email the area field manager if needed.

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Elephant10
Joining in
Message 17 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Ok, I am praying for a miracle so something actually gets sorted tomorrow.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Elephant10
Joining in
Message 18 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Two people came and have finally decided it is possibly my HDMI ports.?

i won’t be buying a new tv yet as they are expensive and it gives a great picture and works via dvd etc . 

Why did it take so long?

Has to be water under the bridge I suppose!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Elephant10
Joining in
Message 19 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Hello, 

I had an idea. Please will you let me have a scary plug one end and whatever goes into the V 6 the other, then I can watch the programmes uninterrupted as it’s the htmi port that is supposedly broken not the SCART? I am surprised that the technician didn’t come up with the solution.
Look forward to hearing from you.

Also,  I need someone, maybe when they bring the cable I requested, to reset my pin on the remote. I was given a new one but I cannot change the pin into a new one. The technician yesterday said she would do it but forgot.

Hope to hear from you soon. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 20 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Hi Elephant10, 

Thank you for keeping us update.

Just to clarify, has it been confirmed that the HDMI ports are damaged on the TV or the box please? 

Thanks 

Nat
0 Kudos