Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 30
Flag for a moderator

TiVo signal seems to turn off my tv when the programme I’m watching finishes, + why won’t virgin help?

Why does my tv turn off after it has shown a programme via the TiVo?

virgin won’t send an engineer as they say it because I’ve got more than 25 series links and that is the problem? 
can anyone help please?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo signal seems to turn off my tv when the programme I’m watching finishes, + why won’t vir...

Hi Elephant10,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear of this. What box have you got please? Is it a V6 or a TiVo®? If it's a V6, what power mode is the box set too please?

To find this out, please do this on the box; - Home, Help and Settings, Settings, Devices, Power Saving Settings.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo signal seems to turn off my tv when the programme I’m watching finishes, + why won’t vir...

Thanks for the response.

its a TIVO as far as I know and the settings are ‘always on’. The man at Virgin changed it from connected low power. It hasn’t made any difference.

He also told mr that the reason for it shutting off was because I have more than 25 series links, this sounded strange to me as others I know have more .

Any help would be great.

i know it’s not the TV as it’s fine using my DVD player on it.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the information Elephant10.

It sounds like this may be a power level issue from your update, so I'm going to pop you over a private message now to confirm this and to send a technician out to correct this if needed for you.

If you can please respond to this message by going to the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Emily,
You wanted to know how things have gone.

well Cameron technician came , then came back the same day as things weren’t fixed. He spent so long trying things even an old TiVo box as he thought it might help but no. There seems, as I understand, to be something to do with signal/ power, So he is coming back on Monday, hopefully, to try to see if it is a cabling fault?

The saga goes on, but Cameron needs a work ethic medal for persistence.

The man on the phone in India  was wrong and, of course, I didn’t get any apologies from him

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update Elephant10, please do let us know how the visit on Monday goes 🙂

Rob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 30
Flag for a moderator

No engineer turned up so I rang and nothing was booked and they doesn’t seem to know all the information I was told, like I may need a new cable from the road to the house.

i wa told bi the engineer last week it would probably take a day to sort the problem. 
I told the lady who has now booked an engineer for Wed 5th but I have a 4 - 7 pm appointment.

it seems the saga goes on. I am not amused by this now I suppose I have to go through all the testing etc again and where will I get this time?

if Cameron 47713 could come back again he could continue where he go to the other evening?

PLEASE sort this miserable situation out or I will have to find a provider who can.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 30
Flag for a moderator

As I have heard back I thought you would like to know the latest.

i had an appointment booked for Wed 5th between 4-7 pm but the has a recorded message to say it would be between 1+6 pm. It has now take n me 25 mins to eventually get a lady Kavya to say she has written on the engineers card to come between 4-6 pm. Why oh why is it all sooooooo hard to get someone to come when they promised. I can’t just be at home to their beck and call. I am the customer after all I thought?

will I ever get the problem fixed?

please reply to me.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Hi Elephant10, 

I'm sorry to hear of the experience you've had and the difficulty in arranging a technician visit. 

we do only have set times in which we arrange for engineers to attend, but we would always look to book this in when it's convenient for the customer.

Please keep us updated on how the visit goes.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Thanks o know that must be true but one engineer came last week on the 4-7 shift?

i just need the whole thing sorted. I hoped to have my original engineer, Cameron, to come as he had hoped but it seems I’ll have to start all over again.

if it’s not easily fixed and I have to go through Ll this rigmarole again, I think we will have to leave  urging as I can keep wasting time and energy.

0 Kudos