cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TiVo recordings stuttering

DoctorSteve
On our wavelength

I record a few things on TiVo and the recordings are starting to be more and more glitchy and stuttering. Live TV seems mainly ok. I have tried reboots but I think it could be the hard drive going as I've had it for a while. I've had it replaced before in 2014 with exactly the same scenario.

I don't fancy the nuclear option of reformatting the hard drive (ie complete reset as I will lose everything).

Is there anything VM can see from their end / do you need more details?

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @DoctorSteve 

What happens if you pause a live program for a few minutes and then play it back?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I haven't seen it in that scenario. It's not one that I really use as I don't watch live tv unless it's F1 and then don't generally pause (as the app gets out of sync).

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @DoctorSteve 

You should do that as a test. It's the same as using the hard drive for a recording, and if it stutters then confirms you need a new box.

Unfortunately that will also mean you lose all yoyr recordings and series links.

The Tivo's are now discontinued and being swapped out for a V6 box but you do need to take broadband with VM for that free box swap.

If that is the case then you should call  150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faults

When calling Faults you will hear the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc

Ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and book the tech for you.

Or wait a day or two and a member of the Forum Team should pick this up for you and arrange a tech visit.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @DoctorSteve

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the issue with your TiVo recordings.

I'm going to drop you a private message now to collect some more information and investigate further, please keep an eye on your inbox for a message from myself.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs