Menu
tiajunior
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

TiVo problems

Slowly but steadily our TV service has deteriorated. Response times have become unacceptably slow, particularly with apps such as iPlayer etc, recording has become unreliable (sometimes it doesn't for no reason), freezing etc. We have been told it is simply because our TiVo box is old. Anyone else been through this and got some advice?
0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TiVo problems

It sounds like you should negotiate a new contract, and see if you can get a free upgrade to the V6 box. You do need a VM broadband connection to use the V6. It has a faster interface, is faster loading and has more apps than the TIVO.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo problems

There's 2 ways of looking at this..

1: The box could have a fault, and reporting it may well result in it being diagnosed faulty and it being replaced. You could work through the reset cycles under Home > Help & Settings > Clear & Restart, and see whether this improves things.

2: Having said that, newapollo is bob-on... if you have VM-broadband (which is a requirement) and you're in a position to renegotiate your package for the next 18months, you could do a lot worse than try to bag a swap to a V6 as part of the deal.

The V6 runs the same software as your TiVo but is much newer & much quicker. It just doesn't have a 'net connection inbuilt, hence the requirement for VM broadband.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks