Menu
schumif1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TiVo problem

Having problems with Tivo being stuck when starting up. The box starts up then switches off. This goes on and on.  I've unplugged the box many times to no avail. I even swapped the TiVo box from my other room to see if the problem persisted. It did.  I also changed the HDMI cable but no luck. There must be something wrong with the connection somewhere and trying to get someone from Virgin media to talk to is impossible. Been calling customer services since Sunday and I'm fed up waiting in the queue.

Can someone help please? I've been a customer for many years but now seriously thinking of cancelling my subscription.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo problem

Hi schumif1,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear of the TV issues. Running a diagnostic in the background, are there any lights on the box in question? If so, how many?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
schumif1
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi John

Thanks for replying.

On the 'Starting up' screen, there are 2 green lights on, left side and 2 red lights on, right side.  No flashing.

After a while, 'Starting up' disappears and blue light on right side goes on, then straight after, 'Starting up' appears (different font and larger), then disappears and all lights are on, 2 red, 1 green on left side, 4 red on right side and 'no signal' on screen.  After which, blue light comes and the above is repeated over and over again.  The box sounds like it's stuck then goes back, if that makes sense.

I hope I got everything because it wasn't really easy to catch it all.

Anyway, I hope this helps.

I look forward to your reply.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi @schumif1,

Thanks for the information. I'm going to send you a Private Message so I can look at the TiVo box in detail.

Please reply back to it so I can help.

Regards,

Lisa

0 Kudos