Menu
Montee49
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

TiVo playback freezes

Over the last few months the TiVo box has caused the TV screen to freeze when watching a recorded program on at least 4 or 5 occasions. The TiVo is about 6 years old approximately and it has also been slow when trying to watch catchup TV.

Each time it freezes I have unplugged it from the mains, waited one minute then plugged it back in again. It takes at least 10 minutes to restart each time, always when something else is being recorded so we lose part of that recording!

Also, occasionally, we have had some pixelation across an area of the TV screen which I have always put down to a poor signal, but perhaps it could be the TiVo box?

Is it time for an upgraded box or do I need to look to, say, Sky who seem to have some good deals on at the moment? 

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo playback freezes

Thanks for the post Montee49 and welcome to our community.

Can we please confirm if you're able to try a different HDMI cable? As if unplugging and reinserting the cables fixes this the cable may need replacing. 

It may also help to follow the below steps: 

Home> Help&Settings> Settings> Network> Connect to Virgin Media Service Now

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Montee49
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo playback freezes

Thanks Emily.

Seems cables weren't the problem. I put a call in to Virgin Media which resulted in them sending out a new V6 box. Despite them quoting a 2 day delivery, it arrived the following morning. A good service.

Spent some time today setting it up and now everything up and running. Fingers crossed the problem doesn't re-occur.

0 Kudos