Menu
Alaneadie
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

TiVo pixellation

I have Virgin TiVo and for months the TV has been badly pixellated on most channels, but any recordings on TiVo are worse. Anything recorded on any channel is so badly pixellated with audio cutting out that it renders everything unwatchable.

I have checked connections, restarted box many times, but nothing has worked.

I have also had issues in the past with broadband and, while 5G seems to be more stable after I last called VM, the 2G connection still drops out regularly.

The hardware I have is over 10 years old, and so I suspect that this is a contributing factor to the poor service.

Can VM please help as I am losing patience and now considering moving provider.

Thanks

Alan

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TiVo pixellation

Pixellation & picture breakup is how any digital TV system indicates poor signal, and Virgin cable is no exception. As long as you've rebooted your box once to cover off software gremlins and checked your cables are finger tight, then there's clearly a fault somewhere which needs rectification.

The best way to do this is to call VM on 150 (from a VM landline) or 0345 4541111 and follow the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". From the reads of your post, you've not done this yet - and as with any service fault, Virgin can't go about investigating faults that they don't know about.

Chances are you need an engineer visit, or potentially a box replacement. You may choose to pursue the package regrade option of renegotiating your bundle deal and try to bag a swap to a V6 box into it, but you'll need to call Virgin and report your fault in either case.

I assume you're talking about 5Ghz & 2.4Ghz WiFi, but I'd suggest posting about those issues in the broadband section of the board, otherwise this TV post could get very confusing 🙂

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Alaneadie
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi japitts, 

Thanks for your response. To be sure, I tried again to remove and reattach the coaxial and HDMI cables, and even tried a different HDMI, before contacting VM.

A technician came out on Friday and replaced corroded connections at various places, and replaced the coaxial cable, to no avail. He then tried a different box and that solved the problem. Live TV and recordings are now working on all channels, wi no pixelation experienced since.

Thanks again for your response.

0 Kudos
Wilb
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Problem is that its impossible to get through on 150 - just spending hours in queue listening to the crappiest music on the planet.

Unlikely to be the TV signal because we also have  V6 box which is working perfectly.

0 Kudos
Wilb
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Problem is that its impossible to get through on 150 - just spending hours in queue listening to the crappiest music on the planet.  

Unlikely to be the TV signal because we also have V6 box which is working perfectly.  

Probably time to formally escalate complaint to CEO.

0 Kudos
Wilb
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Couldn't agree more.  Obviously I need an engineer and probably an new TIVO Box or better still a V6 at no extra cost. Problem is that its impossible to get through on 150 - just spending hours in queue listening to the crappiest music on the planet.

Unlikely to be the TV signal because we also have V6 box which is working perfectly.

What rubbish service for a long standing customer.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

If you have 2 boxes, try swapping them round.

If the problem follows the box, it's evidently duff. If the problem stays, you have a problem with your internal cabling.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Wilb,

My apologies for the delayed reply and also the TV issues.

I've checked the systems can see you've spoke to the team since posting, who've ordered you a replacement box.

Let me know if you need further assistance

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos