cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TiVo pixelating when rewinding live TV

Tom41
Up to speed

We have a 500GB TiVo box. Live TV works fine, as do previous recordings. But when pausing or rewinding live TV, the picture will randomly pixelate and sometimes jump ahead a few seconds; missing part of the programme. If I rewind again, the issue always occurs at the same point in the recording. 

I wonder if this is a sign that the hard drive in the box may be failing. Is there anything I can do, or Virgin's tech team can do to check the hard disk is in good order? I've done all the usual things like power-cycling the box, but I'd prefer not to have to clear and delete everything.

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you clear & delete everything, you run a risk of the box failing outright and needing replacing.

Your issue has all the symptoms of a hard drive failing - ultimately, that can't be repaired and will result in your TiVo being replaced via a tech visit. TiVo's are no longer supported for fault replacements and are replaced with V6. Same software, much better box, but needs VM broadband.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Tom41, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry you are having some issues with pixilation.

I am going to send you a PM so we can look into this together and get to the bottom of it.

Please look out for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?