Menu
Yvonne10
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TiVo making loud noise

My TiVo box has been making a loud buzzing noise for a few days. It is definitely the box as the noise goes away when I switch off the box and it is kept in a well ventilated area. I have now had to switch it off completely as it was also getting very hot when on. Can we please get a new box as I am currently paying for a service I can’t use and it is impossible to get through to anyone helpful on your phone lines. 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo making loud noise

Hi Yvonne10,

When phoning you should  call  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (TV Faultsbut best to call between 8am and 10am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time

When calling you will get the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc.

Ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and resolve the problem.

A member of the Forum Staff may pick this up for you, but it will probably take a few days.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Odd noises are usually a sign of hard drive issues, although buzzing is a new one on me.

Switching the box off at the mains and calling VM Faults is the best way to go. What are the problems you're having with the phone lines? Queuing aside of course, I'm afraid in these strange times that's unavoidable sometimes!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Yvonne10

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community - really sorry about the TV box making a buzzing sound. Can imagine how annoying that'd be. 

I've ran a diagnostic on our system today and it is a tech visit needed to the property. They'll sort this out for you 🙂

I've booked in the first available slot for you and you can find this here - Let us know how the visit goes.

Upon checking the system as well, and I know this is not why you posted, I can see your area is affected by congestion. Nothing to do with the above but I'd rather let you know everything whilst I've got the account here. 

We are planning to undertake some upgrades to support the increased demand for our services in your area. When completed, any slow broadband speeds and buffering on TiVo apps you may be experiencing (particularly at peak times) will be resolved. Your fault reference number for this is - F008791888 and the estimated fix date is the 21st April 2021. Monitor your connection and speeds after this date and let us know if you have any issues - we'll be more than happy to assist further,

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"