Menu
apluk42
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

TiVo internal modem

My TiVo keeps dropping out whenever we watch on demand. The heartbeat light is flashing and stops playing the show after about 10 minutes. I assume the Tivo's internal modem is dropping the connection. Error message is 602.  Can we fix this or swap for a box that works? I have tried multiple times to speak to someone with no joy.  I have had 3 letters about my complaint though although no one has been in touch to try and solve the issue.

thanks

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo internal modem

If the heartbeat light is flashing, then that is indeed a symptom of the internal modem dropping the connection. That's indicative of a faulty box, although it could be a signal issue.

Do you have Virgin broadband at all? If you do, you may want to investigate the newer V6 box that could be a good swapout if you've had your package for a while and were in a position to re-evaluate it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
apluk42
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I do have Virgin Broadband and have suggested that very thing to them - just swap my box! However, no one seems willing to reply. I’m this close to just ditching Virgin altogether. 

thanks

0 Kudos
Hollie_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @apluk42 

Thanks for your post. Sorry for the delay and to hear that you've been having issues with your TV box. I appreciate this would be frustrating. I've had a check in to the account and I can see that you spoke with the technical team - has this issue since been resolved? 

Let us know if you need any further help. 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
apluk42
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hollie

I’ve had 2 Calls from customer complaints over the last 2 days. Neither one really ended satisfactorily with both saying they needed to “escalate the call.” If it is the box internal modem failing, can I just have a replacement box? 

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Hollie_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi @apluk42 

Thanks for your reply. I'm sorry to hear that you've not had any resolution. I'll be able to take a look in to this for you. I'll private message you now so that we can pass security and discuss the complaint. 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hollie_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I see, thanks for the update. I've had a check and there doesn't seem to be any issues with the connection or a known issue at the moment. Are you able to try a reboot for all boxes and let me know how that goes please? 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

0 Kudos
apluk42
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

We rebooted the upstairs one but we’ve never had an issue with that one before today. The downstairs one doesn’t work with any on demand service. 

0 Kudos
Hollie_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Are you able to now watch on certain boxes, or still nothing at all? 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

0 Kudos
apluk42
Tuning in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

HI

It plays for about 5 minutes and then stops with the error message 602. when it does this, the heartbeat light flashes, which I am told means an internal modem issue. Sometimes, if you leave it for a moment, it starts playing again with no problems. and normally goes to the end of the show. It doesn't seem to matter what show is being watched - the same thing happens.

It tends to only happens with on demand - anything we have recorded or streaming platforms play OK.  The upstairs box has never been a problem before today, but the downstairs one does it all the time. 

virgin.jpg

0 Kudos