Menu
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box won’t start up shows a dvr error

My TiVo box won’t start up and is in a loop it says an error with the dvr and it will attempt to fix itself, it’s been at least 9 hours and it’s not fixed itself, how can I speak to someone at virgin to resolve this ? There is no other number than the customer services and it’s automated so I’m going round in circles ?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box won’t start up shows a dvr error

Sorry to say, but if this is the green screen that says "your DVR has detected an error" then this means your hard drive has failed and you'll need to call VM to report it and arrange a replacement box.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, if only it was that easy, I can’t get to speak to anyone when I ring customer services, just an automated reply to check my service status which isn’t the issue 🤷🏻‍♀️

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Sounds like you're calling the status line (0800 5610061)

You want 150 (or 0345 4541111 from a non-VM phone)

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No I didn’t call the status line I called the customer service line. I’m not very impressed that I can’t get hold of anyone it’s a shocking way to run a company. 

0 Kudos