Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box won’t connect on vigor 2826 with bt and virgin

Hi - i am trying to do the "It will though work through a Draytek router as long as that is on VM network through the Hub in modem mode."  am trying to do this on a Draytek 2862 - with BT VDSL and Virgin with router in Hub mode.  Not having any luck with V6 box - just get C133.  Have tried just connectin Virgin ONLY to 2862 - but still the same ?

Thoughts appreciated !

thks 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TiVo box won’t connect on vigor 2826 with bt and virgin

Hello

I am afraid that the V6 box will only work fully with a VM Broadband account, it will not work on any other broadband.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Mike,

yes thanks - understand that I have a draytek 2826 with the bt vdsl and using virgin Ethernet from hub 3 in modem mode - am directing traffic from v6 box to througH wan2 ie the virgin Connection via MAC address.

have seen a few posts on DNS being a problem using a third party router will look at that.

thks

james.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello

The reason is that the Virginmedia servers expect the signal from the V6 box too come from a virginmedia IP address and not any other.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Mike,

Ok are you saying that I can't use a third party router with a V6 box with the virgin router in modem mode and connect to Virgin services?  Apologies how can the IP address of the V6 box be an issue as that is a local Lan address either set by the Virgin router if in router mode (which works) or the third party router ?

Thks 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello

You can use a 3rd party router I do with no issues, sorry what I should have said is that the server needs to see the data coming from a VM WAN IP address.

Regards Mike