Menu
Babsnsarah
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box very slow

Hello.

i think my box is in need of replacing as every button press takes an age to respond before allowing the next button press.

every button press causes the box indicator to flash twice. Which is a night mare when trying to scroll through guides or entering passwords... your help is appreciated.

my other box (less used) is working 100% so I know it’s not a network issue.

thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box very slow

Thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear that you've been having issues with your Tivo box Babsnsarah.

Is the box slow and unresponsive when loading menus or is it just when you are using the remote control to change channels and enter a pin number as you stated in the original post?

I know this is a silly question but have you replaced the batteries in the remote recently? The performance of the remote control can be affected, when the batteries are running low and maybe the cause of this issue.

How much memory do you have left on the box and do you have a lot of recordings in your suggestions folder? If the memory is low this can also affect the performance of the box.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Babsnsarah
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steve.

thanks for the reply.

yep everything has been changed and the whole system is slow.

not a lot in the memory as the wife is a stickler for permanently deleting after watching. The front room box has a bit of sport but no issues on this box.

multiple power downs and reboots but this doesn’t cure the problem.

Any other suggestions welcome but I think the box has had a bad turn as it was instant and not a slow deterioration 

thanks 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi  Babsnsarah

We will send you a private message 

Kind regards 

Chris.