cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TiVo box stuck on starting up after error code v53

Kelc40
Joining in

On and off all day I’ve been getting error code V53 & then at 5pm the TiVo box started to reboot itself & has been stuck on starting up ever since!

I have switched the power off for 30 seconds but nothing, it went to installing software and then starting up but nothing. 
2 days for an engineer to come out but want to know if it’s fixable without a visit and if so how?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The fact that you have a tech visit booked tells me you've called VM to report this, and that was the correct thing to do. If this could have been resolved remotely, it would have been - engineer visits aren't booked without good reason.

From another angle, no - if a TV box is stuck in the reboot loop or won't startup, then in the vast majority of cases it will need a tech visit.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The fact that you have a tech visit booked tells me you've called VM to report this, and that was the correct thing to do. If this could have been resolved remotely, it would have been - engineer visits aren't booked without good reason.

From another angle, no - if a TV box is stuck in the reboot loop or won't startup, then in the vast majority of cases it will need a tech visit.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I ran a test on the box & did everything it said to do & when it wouldn’t resolve it said engineer was needed! 

I’ve switched it off completely now it’s just annoying as I’ve had no issues until I added sky sports a month ago (probably not related) but it’s annoying paying more for no service 

Hi @Kelc40,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your TiVo box. We can understand this is not ideal and we want to best help.

I am glad to see you were able to get an appointment booked regarding this. I did take a look at our systems and  I can see the appointment has since been cancelled at your request. Has the issue resolved itself? Do you need any further help?

Thanks,   

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

The issue has resolved now which is why I cancelled the appointment. I called in and tech support helped getting the box working again. I did lose 17 hours of service because of this error so hoping it doesn’t happen again 

Thanks for coming back to us @Kelc40 and for letting us know that your issues have now been resolved.

I hope that you don't have any further issues but if you do, please get in touch with us here and we can look into it further.

Regards,

Steven_L