Menu
Scapa
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box slow and streaming issues.

I have both a V6 box and a TiVo. No issues with the V6 but the original TiVo box is very slow just channel searching and is buffering whilst streaming. Both green lights on the left of box are on and solid and connections checked. Is this box to old and need replacing? I have a two box subscription. 
thanks.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TiVo box slow and streaming issues.

The TiVo is certainly an old box, there's no getting around that. If your online light isn't flashing, then at least your issues aren't caused by the onboard internet dropping, and are probably just caused by the box being old.

You could call VM and (asking nicely) pursue one of two avenues..

1: My box is faulty, please replace it - you should expect to have it replaced like-for-like, i.e. a TiVo, but if you don't ask (for a V6) you definitely won't get 😉

2: I would like to swap my TiVo for a V6, would you let me? This may involve a change to your TV package, but again... if you don't ask, you won't get...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Scapa
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box slow and streaming issues.

Many thanks. Not an easy job getting to the right person but I’ll try. Thanks again. 

0 Kudos