Menu
Gravedisorder
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box recorded programmes freezing

I received some updates yesterday after rebooting our TiVo box. However now, when we watch recorded programmes via the TiVo box, the programmes freeze! Also, I noticed that the time taken to change channels is also far longer. Help please as this is so frustrating!

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box recorded programmes freezing

Can you watch live TV channels ok?

How about if you pause/rewind live TV?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Gravedisorder
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

We can watch live tv however changing channels is so slow! Can take over a minute. Rewinding / pausing etc on live tv just makes it worse!! Really not sure how this has happened. All was ok before rebooting / loading new updates. Can’t get through to VM for assistance.
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried restarting again? Home > Help & Settings > Clear or restart my TiVo

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Gravedisorder
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I’m trying to avoid a full box reset as I’m sure there must be another way to resolve this. I have just changed channels and now have a blank screen - been like this for several minutes - this isn’t right and will need to do another reboot! This wasn’t happening a couple of days back. Along with the freezing of my recorded programmes, it doesn’t seem like I am getting value for money or service from VM! Appreciate these are difficult times, but surely I should be able to speak to some one. I have done the online system test which, frustratingly come back as all ok! Please help me VM!

0 Kudos
Gravedisorder
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The TiVo box is now rebooting itself!!! 

0 Kudos
Gravedisorder
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Is there any staff from VM here?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Gravedisorder wrote:

The TiVo box is now rebooting itself!!! 

Sounds like your TiVo is faulty/dying. I'd recommend you call VM to report this.

VM staff do monitor and respond in this forum, but it's not intended as a first-line faults reporting service and they prioritise responses where other support mechanisms aren't working.

In your case, a call to faults on the usual number (150 or 0345 4541111) is the best thing to do.

0 Kudos
Gravedisorder
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I’ve tried calling but I can never get to speak to anyone! I work through the options etc then a test is run, all appears ok then cut off!! If anyone knows how I can navigate around this I would appreciate it!! By the way, appreciate your responses.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Gravedisorder wrote:

I’ve tried calling but I can never get to speak to anyone! I work through the options etc then a test is run, all appears ok then cut off!!

Call back immediately and you should bypass those automated tests. Just don't fall for any of the "press to get a link", or "press to go online" bait that will also take you out of the queueing system.

0 Kudos