cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TiVo box reboots & struggles to startup

Chasekelsey
Joining in

Hope you can help, in the last week or so we have seen our TiVo box throw up every light on the front display and reset itself a few times, and now it does this when we try and start up too. 
mall cables have been checked to the back of the unit and they are ok. 
also the remote is giving up on the power and guide buttons and both require some manipulation to get them to work. 

please advise if this is something you can help with? It’s frustrating that it takes about 5-10 minutes to be able to turn the TV on to watch it!

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can order a replacement remote on this page 

That said, any TV box that's rebooting anything more than occasionally and overnight, has a fault - this will likely end with your TiVo being replaced.

There's 2 ways you can report faults:

1: Call in - 150 from a VM phone or 0345 4541111 from any other phone.

2: Wait here for VM staff to pickup, this may take a couple of days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Chasekelsey

Thank you so much for your first post to our community forums and welcome to the team! 

I am so sorry to hear that you have been facing this issue with your Tivo box! 

Can I ask if you have spoken to our teams since this has happened or do you still require assistance?

Thank you.

Thank you for coming back to me. No I’ve still not heard anything. 

Hi @Chasekelsey

Thanks for the reply!

How has your service been since posting?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, thanks for coming back to me. 
The box has not appeared to have going through the reset procedure for about the last week now. 
has this fixed itself? 
the remote is still playing up but I know I can go though a process to get one of those ordered. Just didn’t seem any point if the box needed replacing? 
thanks 

Andy

Hi Andy,

Glad to hear seems resolved. Do keep us posted should you need further assistance.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill