cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TiVo box reboot every time I use it

Vulcan106
Joining in

What’s the best way with out phoning to get a replacement box ? 

I have to reboot virtually every time I use it and can’t play back recordings as it just pixels sound lost ,

any help be appreciated 

Carl

8 REPLIES 8

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Carl,

Although you don't want to use it the quickest contact method is by calling either 150 from a VM landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone, slect option 2 (faults) and ignore any  prompts  to press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and book the tech for you. Call around 8am if possible when lines first open and are least busy.

If you don't want to be tied up on the phone you could also you can text VM on 0753 305 1809 or speak to the team on WhatsApp on 0730 532 7112.This often takes 4-6 hours- phone calls take priority.

Or wait a couple of days for forum staff to pick up your thread.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just to add, you've posted in the V6 forum but referred to a TiVo. A rebooting box is a faulty box, and you've described a failing hard drive, however..

A V6 is fault replaced with a V6. A TiVo is replaced with a V6 - same software, but much newer box providing you have VM home broadband.

https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-fault/which-tv-box 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

cheers it’s a TiVo box 

sorry it’s in wrong place 

Hi Vulcan106

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your TV box.

I have taken a look at things from our side and cant see any issues reporting for the box.

Do you get any error messages on screen?

Can you also please check all connections are secure?

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi 

There are still problems 
no error messages coming up 

check connections they are all fine

They did send me a text message with a link and they did a test there end and said there was a problem and it would be fixed within 30 minutes but still no change

its pixelating really bad and I cant watch or record any virgin tv

ive had  to go back to old fashion Ariel tv 

please help get this issue sorted

could it be the box that is faulty 

so possible a new box would sort these issues

kind regards

Carl  

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Vulcan106 wrote:

They did send me a text message with a link

Sounds like, after choosing the "I have a fault" option on the IVR, you pressed another button for self-service or further help.

Call back and don't do this - after selecting "I have a fault with my TV service", don't press any other buttons and just wait silently.

Or forum staff should respond on here after a few days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

New box on the way 

thanks for the advice and help 

carl

Thank you for updating us @Vulcan106 and we are so glad to hear you were able to order the new box. 

Please do let us know how things are looking after the new box is installed?