Menu
Mumviv9
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box problem

When I try and transfer a recording from one TiVo box to another I keep getting connection lost step back. Please can you help. 

0 Kudos
KeithLeonard
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box problem

You cannot transfer recordings from one box to another.

Mumviv9
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply 🙂.  We have been transferring recording since we got the new TiVo boxes. This is new this problem with not being able to transfer them. Maybe my WiFi isn’t working as well as it should. I have tried reboot the boxes and the WiFi. Hopefully it will resolve itself. 

0 Kudos
KeithLeonard
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Are you sure that it's not your Series Links that you are trying to transfer over?

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I suspect this is MultiRoom Streaming - streaming recordings from one box to another.

This usually comes down to the quality of one box’s connection to the internet via the router.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Mumviv9
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you all for your answers. We finally plucked up the courage to put our WiFi extenders on that VM sent us. We are not very tech savvy, but between us we managed to do it. Apart from a couple of hiccups, we are managing to transport the series links over, @Ernie-c thank you for explaining the right term of phrase. I am not too good at explaining things technical. 🙂

0 Kudos