Menu
Elmo32
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box not working

Hi this evening my TiVo box is not working. I’ve come back from work and my dad had unplugged it to use the socket. Now it is plugged back in it will not work. It keeps saying starting up but not getting any further. Then goes off again and when comes back on it it’s making a beeping noise

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box not working

The beeping noise could be a failed hard drive, I'm minded to ask why the box was unplugged (I know you've said you wanted the socket) - VM's TV boxes are designed to be powered up 24/7.

Regardless - it's done and it's happened. If it's stuck in the boot loop you're best off calling into report it. 150 (from a VM phone) or 0345 4541111 (from any other phone) and follow the "I have a fault" options. VM staff should respond on here, but it may take a couple of days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Elmo32
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

My dad unplugged it so he could Hoover upstairs (even though I’ve told he doesn’t need to it will reach from downstairs) and since then it won’t work. We called virgin last night and they are saying they won’t come out and fix it because our box downstairs is working. I think this is ridiculous! 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Elmo32 wrote:

We called virgin last night and they are saying they won’t come out and fix it because our box downstairs is working. I think this is ridiculous! 

This sounds like crossed wires, and a faults agent getting confused with the "no additional installs" policy where fault fixes are concerned.

I'll flag this post to VM forum staff to pick up, hopefully you should get a response sooner than you would otherwise do by waiting on here.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Elmo32
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for that 

0 Kudos