Menu
SBov
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box not working

Constantly says 'Starting Up...'.

Tried reboot/change cables/change sockets/local area disruption search/Virgin test service 

3 solid green lights on left / 2-3 red lights & 1 blue on right.

Cannot speak to Virgin! 

All searches point to failed box, but unable to report 

Please advise

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box not working

Can you explain what you mean by "cannot speak to Virgin" and "unable to report"

Are you referring to wait times? Problems with the IVR? Or something else?

I'd agree that a box that won't startup probably has a fault - and unless you're willing to wait for forum staff to respond, calling will likely be the quickest way.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
SBov
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I work through the phone system, through to automated system says prioritising calls, so try to assist by doing tests, then can find no faults so thanks me for my time and diverts nevti online 'help' which I have already tried. 

No option to hold and speak to anyone

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Once you've chosen the options for "I have a fault with my TV service", don't press any further buttons or be tempted to "get a link to go online" or anything else, just wait on the line.

If you get hung up on, redial immediately and repeat the same. I know you shouldn't have to, but this technique usually works.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
SBov
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ok thanks will try that

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi SBov,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, we are sorry to hear you have been having issues with your Tivo not coming on and being stuck in starting up.

I have managed to locate your account with the details we have for you and can see a technician has been booked for this, if you do have any further issues please do not hesitate to let us know?

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos