Menu
Clarethornell
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box not working says starting up and lights flash

TiVo box is not working, the screen keeps saying ‘starting up’ and there are about 7 red lights that come on and flash then they switch to 1 red and 1 blue light. The box is also beeping. 
It does this on a continual loop and nothing will stop it, I have tried switching off the power but as soon as you plug it back in it starts the above cycle. 

Please can someone help. I have tried using the online chat but cannot get through.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Retro-Tech
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TiVo box not working says starting up and lights flash

Hi,

Have you managed to resolve this yet? If not I might be able to help - but may require account and area reference details If you still have an issue send me a private message.

I will need to test your services remotely. 

To PM me, just hover over my profile picture and click Send Message when the option comes up. Please don't post any personal info in this thread as it's public.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

joandugdale
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ours is currently doing the same! 

We have a spare Tivo box we have swapped the old one for, but cannot remember our password when calling to activate the new box. 

Please advise, many thanks

Joan

0 Kudos
dwnewson
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Our box is doing the same.  We have run the tests via the website, checked cables, plus etc and still no luck.  WE have an old box in the bedroom which we have now swapped for the Tivo box and it works so it must be the box that is at fault.

Does anybody know how we get a replacement box organised as no web chat/email/or support offered that I can find.

thank you

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Good Morning @dwnewson 

A very warm welcome to the forums, Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. 

I would like to take a look into this for you, I am going to drop you a PM so that I can get some further account information. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos