Menu
mpetrie
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box loosing all channel info & not recording series links

My TiVo box looses all channel info. Seems to have started to occur since my Super Hub was replaced. The TiVo box is old -- I think Virgin has updated twice since the one I have.

Go into Help & Settings, Settings, Network and the first option is 'Connect to the Virgin Media Service now'. Selecting this the channels will slooooowly get added back in again and recording will start again, until I use the system a few days later and it's all lost again. The TiVo has not been turned Off or set to Standby between these times.

Of course, several shows I'd hoped to watch won't have been recorded in the meantime. Virgin keeps getting more and more expensive, and is happy to push marketing 'look at how well we're doing and all the stuff you could watch', while at the same time the service quality is getting worse and worse.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box loosing all channel info & not recording series links

Hi mpetrie,

Have you thought about going via the regrade route? Having an old box you may be out of contract and may be able to get a box swap and save money at the same time.

You could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of regrade  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 4 (Changes to your package) but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
mpetrie
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I'm om the full package, and Virgin only offers update kit to new customers. it doesn't care about customer retention and supporting those who have been with Virgin since it started.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

At the very least, you clearly have a faulty box which VM will replace.

If you have VM broadband, there is certainly a possibility that they'll replace your TiVo with a V6. I don't know what the current policy is on this.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi I'm sure with the full package you will be able to get a V6, but you will have to ask as they will only supply like for like. It may involve a new agreement or contract, don't ask won't get.Regards Micky
0 Kudos