Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box going off every 30 min

My TIVo box keeps going off every 30 min on average with a message no HDMI input signal. Wait for 4-5 min without touching the box, comes back up again for next 30 min then same thing again. Sometimes I cannot turn the box off either with remote or on the box itself. Called VM asked me to monitor if it happens again for 48 hrs and then call . Clearly this is very poor service. I have to watch blank screen every 30 min after paying VM ! 

SHB

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box going off every 30 min

Hi sbuch1954

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry for the delayed reply and indeed the TV box issue. 

From checking the system, there is an SNR issue in the area affecting the service (signal to noise ratio) and the fault reference is F008329380. The estimated fix date for this is the 25th August.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi John, 

Thanks for your reply.
I did find this out when the engineer turned up. Shame Virgin media did not call me to inform about the fault you described in your reply. The engineer was not happy to drive 30 min to tell me that there is a fault and completion time was given as morning of 24 August, not 25 as you suggest. I will wait to see when the fault is actually rectified.

Virgin Media really needs to get their act together for customer service. I am seriously considering leaving VM once my contract expires. I have one issue after another and takes ages to resolve issues.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me.

I am sorry to hear it wasn't picked up before the engineer visit but rest assured it would have been fed back

Hopefully it's fixed sooner for you.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Finally after all these weeks with TiVo box issues Adam the “Tech Enginerr” arrived today and replaced the box, wall socket and cable ( was out of date some 30 yrs old). 

What a nice engineer from Virgin Media. Nothing but praise for him! 

Virgin Media need engineers like him and not the type that came before  who couldn’t get out soon enough out of the house ! 

0 Kudos