Menu
CharleneMullan
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box frozen

Hi I was wondering if anyone can give any advice on my TiVo box which has frozen on the orange light.

It’s been frozen since lunch time yesterday I’ve tried multiple times to reboot it as instructed on the website, have turned off and on checked all cables but nothing seems to be working. This is the fourth time in the past month it has done this but this time it doesn’t seem to be responding to anything I am doing. 

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Charlene 

0 Kudos
Spencer_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box frozen

Hello,

Could you try switching the box off using the switch on the back of the box and taking out the HDMI cable. Leave the box switched off for a few min and then switch it back on, do not plug the HDMI back in. Leave your box for about 30min and see if the light changes, if it does plug the HDMI back in. 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Why not try our text messaging service? It's a great way to get help with your services.

Just send your query to 07533051809 and we'll text you back.

We're open 8am - 8pm Monday to Friday, 8am - 5pm weekends.

If my post has helped you at all please mark it Helpful or give a Kudos, thanks!
CharleneMullan
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box frozen

Hi Spencer 

Many thanks for your advice I’ve done what you suggested and it’s back up and running.

Thank you, 

Charlene 

0 Kudos