Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box frozen (see below), unable to resolve by diagnostic tests, online or by phone, advice please

Virgin TiVo box problems

1. We have two TiVo boxes in two separate rooms.
  2. One TiVo box is freezing and picture breaking up
  3. Followed instructions and replaced HDMI cable and changed HDMI port, secured white coaxial cable – problem continued
  4. Received service message – your account is not currently sep up correctly.  Please visit virgin media.com/tvcode and enter Error Code. (M63). 
  5. Entered error code and instruction was ‘please get in touch with us’
  6. Phoned number, 0345 454 1111, automated voice confirmed that tests were being run, voice instructed us to switch off and switch on power.  Voice then said ‘good by’.
  7. No improvement, TiVo box frozen at ‘Starting up’ screen’
  8. Switched off and switched on equipment several times with no improvement.
  9. Ran diagnostic test and followed all instructions, screen frozen at ‘starting up’
  10. I connected my iPad to the tv using the same HDMI cable and the same HDMI port that connected the TiVo box to the tv and the iPad was mirrored perfectly on the TV. This suggests that the TV, the HDMI cable and the HDMI port are all working.
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box frozen (see below), unable to resolve by diagnostic tests, online or by phone, advice please

Some good diagnostics there... it always helps!

@Toibin wrote:

Virgin TiVo box problems

1. We have two TiVo boxes in two separate rooms.
  2. One TiVo box is freezing and picture breaking up

Assuming this picture is your live TV picture, that's a signal fault which almost certainly needs VM engineer attention - outside chance of it being just a box replacement. Swapping the boxes around would prove if it's the box at fault, or something else.

@Toibin wrote:

Phoned number, 0345 454 1111, automated voice confirmed that tests were being run, voice instructed us to switch off and switch on power.  Voice then said ‘good by’.

A...ha, the automated diagnostics - can be a blessing & a curse. In this case, the best thing to do would be to redial immediately you were hung up on, and pick up where you left off. Depending on what the diagnostics found, it should either offer an engineer appointment or put you into the call queue for a faults agent.

@Toibin wrote:
Ran diagnostic test and followed all instructions, screen frozen at ‘starting up’

Bust box. I'd recommend calling back, and seeing where the IVR takes you - but your intended outcome is most likely an engineer appointment now.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos