Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box freezes

One of my boxes constantly freezes when watching Netflix or on Demand, I've searched on here and done all the info rebooting etc, tried phoning but got no answer, tried the text service I get a text bot ( 3 times now)and still nothing, I'm beginning to think no one actually works there, all I want is to upgrade my old TiVo box for a new V6 or newer version, it's obvious the drive is going on the old one, can someone please help me here. Thks Michael 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TiVo box freezes

Hi mihnd60,

Have you tried swapping your boxes around to see if issue follows the box? This will help determine if it's a box or signal fault.

Have you tried signing into Service status at the top of this page? It shows any local faults and you can also run a test against the VM box. By doing this VM should be able to send a signal to your box and try to repair it, or send out a replacement and/or engineer.

You need a VM broadband connection to have a V6 box. If you have the VM broadband you might be able to kill two birds with one stone by contacting regrades instead of faults.

With regrades you can negotiate a new deal, potentially saving money, and ask for a free box upgrade.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave, Yea swapped boxes around and got the same thing, I'm currently trying to speak to someone about a regrade but I'm 30 mins into listening to music and no sign of an answer yet, they constantly tell me by bot there is a problem in my area after I give them my postcode but nothing else in the house is affected. I do have VM broadband so if I ever get to speak to someone it might solve my problem, thks mate. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Update from earlier. 

VM called me back and are organising 2 new V6 boxes to be installed, had almost given up,  but hopefully thats my problem solved. Thks for the advice folks. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Great stuff, thanks for coming back and letting us know. Here's hoping!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mihnd60,

Thanks for the update.

It's great to hear you will be receiving 2 new V6 boxes.

When you set them up you might see an error 7400, if you do then you'll need to call  0800 953 9500 to activate the boxes. You will need the box serial numbers, and your account number and area code.

I'm hoping this doesn't happen, but going forward if you have any more problems with the new boxes on Netflix, On Demand etc then it may be due to a recent V6 update and needing cables that are HDMI2.2 compatable.  This link  tv-error-code/604  explains a little about it, and also the following link watching-4k-ultra-hd-content 

It's not just VM that the HDMI cables can cause issues with, it can also effect Playstations, Xboxes, Switch consoles etc  when people try and play games or watch 4K content.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali