Menu
Chea
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box freezes on playback

Hello Virgin Community,

I'm having freezing issues with my TiVo box and after reading through some posts here, wasn't sure if I needed a new box or not ? also wasn't sure if I shouild add my post to an existing post or make a new one, so apologies if I did this wrong.

Ok, so as I have said my TiVo box recently has started freezing on all recordings, even recordings I have previously watched. If I pause live tv (say to make a cup of tea) then unpause it, it will more often than not freeze both sound and picture, and then after a while it will resume, sometimes skipping forward.

As per suggested in other posts I have read here, I have checked all cables and all are ok and firmly connected, I have deleted half of my recordings from 41% full to 21% (mostly from the suggested folder) but still no change.

I'm kind of at a lose as to what to try next if anything, any suggestions would be most welcome if you have any.

Thank you for your time in reading this post.

0 Kudos
Chea
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box freezes on playback

Just an update in case it helps anyone else...

As a last resort I did a complete reset of my box, which meant I lost everything... recording, thumb settings, favorites, series links etc.. It's not something I want to do but figured if the hard drive was on its way out, I would need a new box and would of lost everything anyway so nothing to lose kind of thing. Anyway since doing the reset, i've recorded a couple of things, and have all played back without issues. So hopefully the freezing issue may of been sorted for good.

So if you're in the same situation, it maybe worth a try as a last resort.

Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box freezes on playback

Thanks for your post and apologies for the delayed response, Chea

Sorry to hear that you were having playback issues. Glad the reset worked

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos