Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box flashes orange and continually reboots

TV screen shows ‘Welcome’ then a downwards arrow pointing to a schematic of a TiVo box, then the box tries to reboot, TV screen shows ‘Welcome’ and so it goes on.  The internet connection is fine.  Any idea how we fix this? Does it mean the TiVo box is defunct? 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box flashes orange and continually reboots

Hi katherineO,

I'm afraid it doesn't sound too good and you will probably need a replacment TIVO.

Have you tried signing into Service status at the top of this page and run a test against the TV box? By doing this VM should be able to send a signal to your box and try to repair it. It may even automatically order a  replacment box or engineer visit.

If that doesn't work then you need to contact the Faults team. 

You could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 (Faultsbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

When calling Faults you will go through a series of questions/tests, if that doesn't resolve the problem then call back around 10 minutes later and an agent should pick the phone up.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks!

Finally got through on the faults line and an engineer is booked for 3 days time.  Seems the box is kaput but can’t get a replacement without an engineer visit.

Highlighted
Community elder
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi again KatherineO,

Thanks for the update. It's good that you managed to get through (eventually) and are getting a replacment. With an engineer visit included as well it means they will probably be checking the lines as well for any signal issues.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Pretty much - if VM's remote diagnostics categorically show the box as faulty but the incoming signal as ok, then a box replacement can be arranged using the Quick Start process.

If it's inconclusive, the engineer visit covers both bases.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos