Menu
Sarah431
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box fault

Our TiVo box keeps jumping and or freezing on playback. Have done all the normal things- rebooted, changed lead etc. 
When we  phoned we’re told we could not have an engineer or replacement box. No solution offered. Running out of ideas other than going to sky

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box fault

@Sarah431 wrote:

Our TiVo box keeps jumping and or freezing on playback. Have done all the normal things- rebooted, changed lead etc.

Are live TV channels ok? How about if you pause or rewind live TV?

@Sarah431 wrote:

When we  phoned we’re told we could not have an engineer or replacement box. No solution offered.

So when you reported your problem, what did the agent offer by means of advice? Did they literally tell you "we can't help you"?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Sarah431
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

live tv is okay. If we rewind it , it freezes and distorts in the same way as recorded programmes.

we were no offered any resolution. We asked to speak to a manager and we’re told a manager would ring within 48 hours- that was 2 weeks ago and have heard nothing.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Have you called back in the intervening 2 weeks at all?

It does rather sound like your box has a problem with the hard drive.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Sarah431
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

We haven’t called back as the phone system takes so long. We have now written a letter to virgin and ofcom.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Fair enough. Just remember Ofcom don't handle individual customer complaints, and VM's procedure for dealing with unresolved complaints is independent arbitration via CISAS.

Also I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want resolution of TV service issues dependent on a letter being responded to.

0 Kudos