Menu
Weavels
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box endlessly rebooting

Hi - our TiVo box is in an endless cycle of rebooting & won’t get any further than the Welcome screen.
Have turned off the power & tried several manual reboots but no luck - any suggestions very welcome. 
thanks 

0 Kudos
Weavels
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box endlessly rebooting

After going through a cycle of about 15 reboots, it finally made it to the ‘Home’ screen where it then got stuck and the went back into reboot mode - however I noticed that the box is also making a ticking / clicking sound, every now & then. 
Also a couple of times the tv screen has shown what looks like some sort of download - it has a virgin box icon with a download arrow over. 
thanks 

0 Kudos
Weavels
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thought it had finally sorted itself out as it worked for about 2 minutes, before turning itself back off and going back to the start up Welcome screen - plus it made the clicking noise again just before it turned back off. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Almost certainly your box has died - the clicking noise could very easily be the hard drive failing/failed.

Your best bet is to call Virgin Media to report the fault and arrange a replacement box.

150 from a VM phone or 0345 4541111 from any other phone.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Weavels
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

That was what I was afraid of 😞 thanks for the reply. 
I’ve already reported it through the Virgin app and Customer Services have forwarded it onto technical, so hopefully I’ll get some sort of response soon....ish

many thanks for the reply 

0 Kudos