Menu
Firestormgjc
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box connection

When I got the new TiVo box a while ago I did not need the coax connector I used to use, but had to connect to the router wirelessly. This mode of connection has proved problematical, dropping connection regularly , and struggling whilst the pcs are running. Would it be possible to get a second router , connect to the coax previously used for the tv and hard wire this into the tv box via Ethernet.

our router is where the original broadband was set up. In our home office , upstairs and at the opposite end of the house. We have wifi boosters but these have not really helped.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box connection

Sorry, I'm not following. You've posted in the TIVo section, but seem to be querying your WiFi?

Depending whether you have the TiVo or the V6, as to whether your box's internet connection comes over the co-ax or via wired/wireless from your homehub.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-box 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Firestormgjc
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box connection

It’s related to my TiVo box.and the connection. Since we got the V6 the coax is not being used and the box has connection issues. There are two questions really. Will the unused Coax previously used for the TiVo be able to connect broadband ? And if so , would Virgin supply a second router to allow for this coax to be hard wired into the v6 to resolve connection issues.

I know the wifi from the router is crap, but I thought I would see if this solution would improve the v6 connection without having to lay out 120 quid plus on a mesh system, particularly as the price of my package has just been put up too

0 Kudos