Menu
janeyh1959
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box buzzing

My TIVo box has started buzzing, if I move it slightly or put my hand on top of it, it then stops. But will start buzzing again later. Has only started doing this. 

anyone else ever had this problem and what’s causing this to happen and how can it be sorted 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box buzzing

Hi janeyh1959,

Have you tried rebooting the box?

Also, is your box in a well ventilated area away from anything that could be causing the box to overheat? Are the vents on the box obstructed in any way?

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
janeyh1959
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi newappollo

yes to both questions, I had an engineer out 2 weeks ago as had been having real problems with pixellating. It only does it now and again, but I’m concerned it’s overheating 

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @janeyh1959

Thanks for popping back - I am sorry that your box is now making a buzzing noise after the visit you had a couple of weeks ago. 

I am just doing a few checks on the box from this end for you. We can see it's been around 3 days since the last reboot - how's things been looking since  your post?

You also also advise in your reply that the vents are obstructed - have you managed to clear these at all and has that helped? 

If you are still having the buzzing noise after these have been done, let us know and we'll see if we can either arrange a box swap if you are happy to self install, or a technician if not. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
janeyh1959
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie

thanks for getting back to me, it started buzzing again last night, but it stops as soon as I move it slightly or put my hand on top of it, and it’s never buzzed since then. By the way the vents have never been obstructed, if I said that it must have been a mistake, sorry.

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Cheers so much for popping back with an update @janeyh1959

Sounds like something may have become loose within the box to cause the buzzing noise. Are you ok with a self- installation of the box if we can arrange one to be posted in the next couple of days or would you require a technician visit? 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
janeyh1959
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie 

could arrange an engineer to visit please

jane 

0 Kudos
janeyh1959
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Katie_WT 

did you get my last message? Internet been a bit funny today 

0 Kudos
janeyh1959
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Any chance one of the Forum Team could contact me re one of previous messages re box being replaced, heard nothing since I replied 2 days ago

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
janeyh1959
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie 

just wondering what is happening as never heard from you since the reply to my post last Tuesday 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos