Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TiVo - V6 query

Hi, I was hoping you could help me please

We’ve recently started having issues with the TiVo box which seems to be being phased out due to its age and problems etc.

I came across the TiVo - V6 upgrade page and signed up for it this morning. Everything went through ok and got to the confirmation page, but haven’t received a confirmation email to go along with it as of yet. Is there any way to check if the request has gone through properly?

Also, looking back over it, this offer expired at the end of June but I was still able to signup for it, has it been extended?

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo - V6 query

Hello

Currently only the older V+ boxes are currently being upgraded the standard Tivo will still be supported, the upgrade for the Tivo has not been extended.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike, thanks a lot for your reply, much appreciated.

Appears I got it mixed up in that case. I guess the next question is - how do I go about upgrading to the V6 box then? I’ve had a look around the site and tried the live chat (haven’t phoned as it says for emergencies only) and can’t see anything about simply upgrading the box

The TiVo is showing its age in terms of capabilities now with the slow interactions and dwell times etc so would like to upgrade. I understand things are still very much strange at the moment but seeing as how they were sending out boxes for people to upgrade themselves a few weeks ago, surely there must be a way to get a new box now?

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi zum,

At the moment unless the box is faulty they won't switch if. If they did switch it then it would be like for like.

My advice would be to look at regrading your package, especially if you are out of contract as you may get a better deal. You can ask about a V6 box as part of the package regrade.

You could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of regrade  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues.

If phoning it's Options 1,1 and then Select Option 4  - Changes to your package or moving home

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali