Menu
MikeJB6
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TiVo V6 Box very slow navigating menus etc.

For the past few months my TiVo V6 box has developed almost exactly the same symptoms as my previous VM TiVo box. Menus are getting excruciatingly slow to navigate. I've tried most of the fixes here (most seem to recommend upgrading to the V6 box, which is what I already have!).

Are there any more tips that folk can recommend because I'm a hair's width away from cancelling my TV subscription?

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo V6 Box very slow navigating menus etc.

A simple thing, but you've not mentioned it, so...

Have you tried restarting your box?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
MikeJB6
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I've tried restarting the box. Makes no difference. Navigating menus takes multiple presses of the remote to make selections. I know it's not the remote itself because a neighbour has a V6 box that works perfectly and I've tried his remote on my box and I get the same problems. 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@MikeJB6 wrote:

Thanks for the reply. I know it's not the remote itself because a neighbour has a V6 box that works perfectly and I've tried his remote on my box and I get the same problems. 

Did you pair your neighbours remote to your box? It shouldn't work unless it's exactly the same model TV.

Have you tried changing batteries or re-pairing your remote with your TV?  Have you tried ordering a replacement remote?

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos