Menu
StuB2
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TiVo TV picture quality

For some time now the picture quality from my TiVo box has suffered from interference, it has been getting worse recently. I have gone through all the suggestions on Virgin Media website but nothing works. It isn’t the TV, which runs on demand channels through wifi with no problems. 

The TiVo box is 8 years old, I am wondering if it needs replaced or serviced by an engineer. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo TV picture quality

When you say interference, do you mean pixellating on live TV?

That's a fault with your TV signal, if that's what you're asking.

Reboot your box once as a precaution, then call VM to report it. Not sure how long "some time" is, in terms of being a known area fault.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
StuB2
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there,

Yes, pixelating. I have rebooted a few times and checked all cables. It has been happening for a number of months. 

I’ve tried calling VM in the past. They rebooted the TiVo box remotely on two occasions in the last 12 months which improved the picture for a short time but it eventually goes back to being pixelating.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If one reboot has failed to resolve pixellation symptoms, then there is a fault that needs resolving - either by a box replacement, or more likely by an engineer visit.

Rebooting might clear the symptoms for a short time, but nothing more than that. Another of C/S' old favourites is to "send stonger signals" - that can only be done by an engineer physically working in your street cabinet.

I would suggest calling back, but making sure you end the call either with an appointment or replacement box - anything else is just kicking the can down the road.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos