FargoYuleMySon
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TiVo Cisco box reset looped by itself now glitchy

F594BA50-741D-4463-ADD0-470DE4630834.jpeg

E6A3A9AB-D07C-4007-A496-14BA712A97CA.jpeg

B9FDDA95-2729-4D7C-9A07-DDE38EC3F810.jpeg

Hello , last night my TiVo box started showing coloured lights and reset itself several times , while we watched a recording of Fargo.

Today it saved an old Episode, number  1 of my series link but listed it as Episode 4 ,  yesterday’s episode . Today’s episode 5 is not recorded , it’s Giro D ‘Italia: on Quest. My series link for the Giro d Italia was set to record daily episodes for  3 weeks , but the only one in upcoming is on 27 May, so hoping to fix before I miss too much more of the series 🙂 

The TV guide has no titles  of shows listed. where titles go in TV guide ,  all just say “upcoming” 

I can switch channels ok but can’t see any show titles. On flicking channel the screen  display says   “ Title not available “ on all channels . 

I have reset at back and wall twice today and run a status check. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TiVo Cisco box reset looped by itself now glitchy

Some of these issues could potentially just be metadata errors, but if the box is restarting itself and/or has cleared the EPG clear of data, it's certainly had what's technically known as "a moment".

You should be able to get the EPG data back and rebuild your planned recordings by (and this is assuming the internal net connection is working - check for flashing green lights on the front-left) following Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network > Connect to VM services now. If there's no EPG data, then your series links have no data to go on - which could explain a lot of this.

Having said all that, if the box has effectively done a "clear guide data" style reset, it's probably not very well. I wouldn't try any further resets - it may be making the problem worse, and there's certainly no need to do so to fix this.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

FargoYuleMySon
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Japitts, for your knowledgeable insights and helpful advice . The box was functioning as normal again without any further actions from me , so possibly sorted itself out while on standby overnight, only missed 2 episodes of my series. Made me wonder if Virgin have our settings backed up in a cloud or something  . Thanks fir your swift reply ! Cheers 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@FargoYuleMySon wrote:

Thanks Japitts, for your knowledgeable insights and helpful advice . The box was functioning as normal again without any further actions from me , so possibly sorted itself out while on standby overnight, only missed 2 episodes of my series. Made me wonder if Virgin have our settings backed up in a cloud or something

Glad it's sorted, but no.... TiVo's don't have any cloud backup as best I'm aware. Your series links are stored on the box, and I suspect that when your guide data got rebuilt, the box used the SL's to recreate your planned recordings.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks