Menu
watsor1
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TiVo Catch up on demand

I am having problems watching catch up on demand on my Tivo box.  I get half way through watching a programme and then it just stops and I get a message saying: "This show is temporarily unavailable".  I have reset the the Tivo box and tried a number of things but it's still happening.  I have a white box that a yellow cable comes out of and goes into a black box and then a white coax cable thingy that comes out of the black box and into a splitter thingy that then goes into the Tivo box.  I tried calling VM this morning but got fed up of hanging on and listening to the ghastly music - hanging up after 20+ minutes.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo Catch up on demand

Can you confirm you definitely have a TiVo and not a V6? If you're not sure, check here

If so.. on the front-left of your box there are 3 green lights. The middle one has a heart symbol next to it, and indicates box's online/internet status. Does it flash or is it solid?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
watsor1
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me.  It is definitely a Tivo box.  I've just turned the TV and box on but I only have two green lights on the left hand side (the first 2).

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The second of those 2 lights is the "online" light.

When your Netflix/iPlayer/VOD stream drops next time, have a look at that light.

If it flashes, that means the box has dropped the internet connection and that's your underlying problem. If it's solid, you could have a problem with the app itself.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
watsor1
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. I have now managed to speak to VM and an engineer is coming out to me on Tuesday. 

0 Kudos