Menu
Sundance784
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

TiVo Box randomly crashes and resets

TiVo box keeps freezing/crashing and rebooting itself

Started doing this a few weeks ago now and some days it will crash 5 or 6 times. Any programmes being recorded are lost and the restart takes at least minutes.

The lights on the front flash then it all goes off and goes through a lengthy start-up proceedure. Very annoying.

Tried the online service checker, which has proved to be no use whatsoever. Tried contacting technical help more times than I can remember and have never been able to get through - even been cut off after waiting on hold for more than 40 minutes.

In frustration, I filed a complaint and did receive a response a few weeks ago, and was transferred to Technical Help. Their systems were down when I spoke to them, so they weren’t able to run their tests, however they insisted I call them back despite me explaining the issues I’ve had contacting them direct.

That was in early January and I’ve been unable to get through to Technical Help ever since. I feel like I’m in some sort of customer support purgatory!

Can some please advise? I’m sure I need a replacement box and an engineer visit, but actually need to speak to someone at Virgin.

S

0 Kudos
Sundance784
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tv keeps turning off

I’m having exactly the same problem and it’s impossible to reach Virgin. Have complained twice and still no help received. 

Again, phone line is engaged and online help is absolutely no use whatsoever.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo Box randomly crashes and resets

There's no need to post multiple times about the same issue, it can lead to confusion so I've merged your posts for you.

I know you probably won't want to hear this, but everyone who's calling VM at the moment is potentially in the same boat, of having to queue at times. If there was a magic wand, everyone would wave it!!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos