cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TiVo Box keeps Crashing

DavidHB
On our wavelength

Really getting fed up with Virgin's TiVo catch-up service. All too often it crashes mid-programme, sometimes 2 or 3 times. Sometimes end up rebooting the box. Very annoying. I thought it might be an issue with the box, so ordered a new box, but alas, the same problem is there. Usually a faulty network connection. Considering ditching Virgin TV and looking elsewhere.

David

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Does this crashing only occur when using OnDemand services? It may be that the TiVo's in-built internet connection is having issues - do you get any flashing green lights on the front-left of the box (look for the LED next to a heart symbol) when this happens? That's a fault.

However - the box shouldn't be restarting, this should just be a reason for the VoD session to drop.

Do you have VM broadband? If so, it would be well worthwhile considering a swap to the V6 box. It uses the same software as your TiVo, but on a much newer box that's far more capable all-round. "How to swap" is a whole can-of-worms question, but perhaps worth exploring if you have VM broadband - which is a requirement.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @DavidHB,

Welcome back to our community forums.

Sorry to hear you are having ongoing issues with your TiVo box. We can understand the inconvenience this may have caused and want to do our best to help. I have been able to access your account using forum details. I can see you recently spoke to our team regarding this and currently have a self install V6 on the way. 

Please let us know how the upgrade goes and if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs