cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TiVo Box is constantly slow, freezing and crashing during On Demand use.

Techie1
Joining in

I have been a part of Virgin Media for several years now and have a TiVo box from 2012, when using On Demand, it is quite slow, buffering and sometimes crashes requiring me to reboot the box. I will get a message saying the show is temporarily unavailable and that there is a network issue, but my VM broadband (250mb) is working fine and has no issues. I am getting frustrated since I can hardly watch a On Demand show without it crashing or freezing and then requiring a long reboot of the box. I have attached an image of the problem. The error code 608 is not coming up on the Virgin media website and a service status check says that everything is fine. Please can I receive some help with this issue. F5D858D9-8FD5-467B-BDAA-94B28ACD4F87.jpeg

2 REPLIES 2

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Techie1, thank you for your post.

We're sorry to see the problem you're having 😔

We've reported the fault to the necessary department so that we can work towards resolving it. 

In the meantime, please try viewing on demand content again in 48 hours. If no further forward at that point, please pop back to us.

Regards,
Daniel

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

To add - the TiVo is a very old box which was first launched in 2010 and thus the hardware is now 13 or so years old. It has an inbuilt internet connection which doesn't use your home broadband.

If the "heartbeat" light on the front-left of your TiVo flashes when you have VoD issues, this means the onboard modem has failed and the box is likely to be replaced via tech-visit, with a V6. Same software, but much newer hardware.

Is this error happening on all VoD programmes, or just specific ones?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks