Menu
jg014
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TiVo Box Upgrade?

Hi,

For a while now my TiVo box (SMT C700) has been running quite slow and also Netflix is constantly stopping in the middle of streaming with the error message: "We're having trouble playing this title right now. Please try again later or select a different title. tvq-pb-101"

A couple of other family members have gotten their TiVo boxes "upgraded" a while ago (I think to the V6?) for no additional charge and I was curious if it would be possible to receive one and if that would fix the issues I have been having. I have been with Virgin since 2014 and have not changed TiVo box.

Any advice would be appreciated,

Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Marty20
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo Box Upgrade?

Hi

Sorry to hear this. Can you please private message me your account number and area reference so I can look into this for you. To private message me, just hover over my profile picture and click Send Message when the option comes up. Please be mindful not to post those details in a public reply. Thanks, Marty

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

Fancy £50 off your bill? Ask me how and you might just get it!

I am a serving Field Technician at Virgin Media however all responses are based on my experiences in the field and my own equipment at home and should be taken as such.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Portvendres
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

My Tivo box has encountered an error and I have to call customer support which has proved impossible.

The message on screen is 

software upgrade failed exception code(6)

Can anyone help? I’ve rebooted and checked connections and tried some support sections online but got nowhere.

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello Portvendres

Thanks for your post 
Sorry to hear about the issue you are having with the TiVo box

I can see that we have had an engineer attend since your post 

How was the visit and did this fix the issue