Menu
Highlighted
Waqster94
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

TiVo Box No Picture/Sound

‪Basically I have a new LG TV with 4 HDMI ports, HDMI one is the TiVo box, 2 is PC, 3 is PS4 and 4 is not in use. During the Xmas holidays the TiVo box stopped displaying an image and there was no sound‬, the tv knew there was a device connected as it wasn’t giving me the “no input detected” message, originally I though it was the TV at fault as I tried another cable and another device and it didn’t work, I then changed the TiVo box to the unused hdmi 4 input where it worked leading me to further think it’s the tv, now here is where it gets confusing after a couple of hours I put it back in hdmi 1 and it worked fast forward to yesterday and the issue happened again so I put it back in hdmi 4 and few hours later put it back in hdmi 1 and it worked for 2 hours until issue happened again, we then put it back to hdmi 4, now fast forward to today and issue happened on the hdmi 4 (which is never in use) so I’m beginning to think it’s the TiVo box and not the tv as my other devices have never caused this issue to their connected ports so we put it back in hdmi 1 and I’m not sure how long it will last. I’m thinking it’s due to age as the TiVo box is like 7 years old now or the TiVo box is sending surges? I’d like to get it replaced to rule it out so any help would be appreciated 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TiVo Box No Picture/Sound

Thank you for your post Waqster94 and sorry to hear you're experiencing some Tivo issues.

From your post I understand that you have already tried another HDMI cable as well as an alternative HDMI port on your TV. 

If your Tivo box is currently 7 years old this may be one of our legacy boxes and requires a free upgrade from our team.

If possible could you please copy in a photo of the Tivo box in question so we could confirm this for you? As if needed, we can put through a free upgrade for you over private message.

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Waqster94
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo Box No Picture/Sound

Oh it’s all sorted now, got help over live chat, didn’t even realise about the free upgrade till I received new box

0 Kudos