Menu
Radgoate
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

TiVo Box N27

Hello,

My TiVo box just suddenly started displaying errors, including N27 'Network Cable Unplugged'.

The cable is NOT unplugged - when it is, 2 red lights come on. When I plug it back in, they go out and a white light flashes whilst it tries to connect to the router.

Re-booting the router sometimes causes the TiVo to re-connect, but not always.

I've tried different ports on the router - no difference.

I suspect the router is at fault, as the reboot helps, but not certain.

What is the next step?

I'm loathe to ask for a new router if it isn't the cuplprit, and a new TiVo box would be a pain, as we'd lose all the recorded programmes.

0 Kudos
Cueball99
Rising star
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TiVo Box N27

It's nothing to do with your router, the Tivo has its own modem and it's losing connection to the network. The TiVo thinks it's been unplugged, but it hasn't, sou displays that message. It's a logical, rather than physical, issue.

This is either due to a network issue or a fault TiVo, either way call it in as a fault.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Radgoate,

Thank you for getting in touch via the Community 🙂 

I would like to check on things from our side if that's okay?

I will pop you over a private message to grab some more details and we can go from there.

Thanks

Nat
0 Kudos
Radgoate
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ok, ty

0 Kudos
Radgoate
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry Cueball, but I have trouble accepting your answer... the error message is quite specific (if actually completely wrong)...2BA31AA6-2104-420F-BE69-3C062336F700.jpeg

0 Kudos
thedaledude
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

i have the same issue, just had a new router delivered as well as a wifi booster since installing the booster the second tivo box has the 2 red lights on. looked at the cable and everything is fine, just wondering what to do next

0 Kudos
japitts
Super solver
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@thedaledude wrote:

i have the same issue, just had a new router delivered as well as a wifi booster since installing the booster the second tivo box has the 2 red lights on. looked at the cable and everything is fine, just wondering what to do next

Just to confirm, do you have a TiVo box or V6? The V6 relies on your Superhub for its internet, the TiVo has the connection inbuilt - and therefore the advice does differ.

Assuming TiVo, the advise is to call in and report a fault. Assuming your live TV is ok, and depending on whether your return path (second green LED from the left) is active, you either have a network fault, a box fault, or possibly just a dropped connection that needs a remote "kick". The fix is the same in all 3 cases - call in.

I'm not familiar enough with the V6 box to advise there.

0 Kudos