cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TiVo Box Constantly Slowing Down

Biffy
On our wavelength

Hi,

For a while now we've been having problems with our TiVo box operation getting slower & slower until on some occasions it just locks up. Shutting down & restarting cures it for about 2-3 weeks.

It's becoming a frustrating bit of kit to use, can it be replaced please?

Thanks.

* M250 Fibre - Superhub 3 - Apple TimeCapsule WAP - TP-Link Gigabit Router *
4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

TiVo boxes aren't known for their fast operation, but is it slowing down with anything in particular?

If you have VM broadband, you could do far worse than consider swapping to a V6. Runs the same software as your TiVo but on a much newer, more capable box with 6 recording tuners.

You're best advised to follow the package renegotiation route for this. In other words, have a wholesale look at your package deal and negotiate a new, possibly more cost-effective bundle in exchange for an 18month contract & box-swap.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Biffy, thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear about the problems you've had with your Tivo box. Have you checked to see if you're eligible for an upgrade via your online account (virg.in/myVM)?

Tom

Biffy
On our wavelength

Hi Tom,

Thanks, I'm not sure I'll be able to get a box upgrade, as I not long ago renegotiated a new 18 month contract to get my payments reduced, then, typically, this problem started. I know these old boxes were never speedy to operate, but this is on another level.

* M250 Fibre - Superhub 3 - Apple TimeCapsule WAP - TP-Link Gigabit Router *

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Biffy,

Thank you for coming back to us about this issue.

Would you be able to reboot your TV box to see if this can help clear any issues.

As well as this, please go into your Suggested Viewings and let us know if this has improved the speed of your TiVo box.

Thank you,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs