Menu
Biffy
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TiVo Box Constantly Slowing Down

Hi,

For a while now we've been having problems with our TiVo box operation getting slower & slower until on some occasions it just locks up. Shutting down & restarting cures it for about 2-3 weeks.

It's becoming a frustrating bit of kit to use, can it be replaced please?

Thanks.

* M200 Fibre - Superhub 3 - Apple TimeCapsule WAP - TP-Link Gigabit Router *
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo Box Constantly Slowing Down

TiVo boxes aren't known for their fast operation, but is it slowing down with anything in particular?

If you have VM broadband, you could do far worse than consider swapping to a V6. Runs the same software as your TiVo but on a much newer, more capable box with 6 recording tuners.

You're best advised to follow the package renegotiation route for this. In other words, have a wholesale look at your package deal and negotiate a new, possibly more cost-effective bundle in exchange for an 18month contract & box-swap.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Biffy, thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear about the problems you've had with your Tivo box. Have you checked to see if you're eligible for an upgrade via your online account (virg.in/myVM)?

Tom

0 Kudos
Biffy
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tom,

Thanks, I'm not sure I'll be able to get a box upgrade, as I not long ago renegotiated a new 18 month contract to get my payments reduced, then, typically, this problem started. I know these old boxes were never speedy to operate, but this is on another level.

* M200 Fibre - Superhub 3 - Apple TimeCapsule WAP - TP-Link Gigabit Router *
0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Biffy,

Thank you for coming back to us about this issue.

Would you be able to reboot your TV box to see if this can help clear any issues.

As well as this, please go into your Suggested Viewings and let us know if this has improved the speed of your TiVo box.

Thank you,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos